Celebrations of Life are becoming increasingly popular choices for those who want a personalized, creative event to celebrate the life of a loved one. This type of service offers the opportunity to plan a unique event that’s customized to reflect the deceased’s life and personality. Celebrations of Life act as an important part in celebrating the deceased person’s life and are intended to lift everyone’s spirits by focusing on positive memories.
Making a Celebration of Life as Unique as Your Loved One
The possibilities for planning a unique remembrance event are truly limitless when choosing to hold a Celebration of Life for your loved one. Circle of Life Cremation and Burial Services lists some tips below to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Decide on the Service Type: Consider all the different options to honour the life of your loved one. It could be a traditional funeral with a one day visitation, or a memorial service with a visitation being held one hour prior to the service ( both events could have the casket, open or closed, or the urn present). The other popular option today is to have no service, but offering family, friends and guests a period of time to drop in and pay their respects, share stories and enjoy some refreshments.
- Decide on a Location: This is where the personality of your loved one can truly be honoured. Is there a location such as a beautiful lake or family cottage that held a special meaning to the deceased person? Perhaps there was a favourite restaurant that hosted numerous family functions involving your loved one. Choose a location that uniquely reflects the life of the person who has passed.
- Decide on a Date: Celebrations of Life offer more flexibility than traditional funerals, since they do not involve the deceased’s physical body. Take the time to choose a date that can accommodate the schedules of those who were most important to your loved one. If family members are located across the country, ensure enough time is given for them to plan travel accommodations, childcare, etc. and please remember, it will be impossible to accommodate everyone’s schedules.
- Choose a Facilitator or Celebrant: Deciding on a Facilitator or celebrant can keep the Celebration of Life running smoothly. This person will speak and make introductions at the celebration, so choose someone who is comfortable with public speaking. Another option is to divide up the event’s tasks and designate certain people for each task, such as someone to coordinate logistics and someone to organize who will be giving speeches.
- Consider Other Details: To make the celebration completely unique, consider personalized aspects such as music, poems and or scripture verses, flowers, photos and mementos that would best honour the life of your loved one.
Circle of Life Cremation and Burial Centre Makes Planning Easy
There are many details to consider when choosing a Celebration of Life to honour the life of your loved one. The professional, caring staff at Circle of Life Cremation and Burial Centre is here to make the planning process as easy as possible. Contact us today to learn more.